Friday, August 27, 2010

Good Riddance?

I don't know how I feel about letting people go. And I am not talking about leaving Washington, I'm talking about old friends. I don't like letting go because I feel like that's a way of giving up. But I think that sometimes it's ok to just say that we used to be friends and now we're different.

...one of my friends who I've known for about 6 years has recently dropped off the face of the earth. However, I have found that they only disappeared from my life, not their "real" friends. A little over a year ago I told this person about the biggest decision I've ever made in my entire life and they responded with, "that's stupid." I realized that they didn't know me well enough or care about me enough to be my friend. In fact, I'm not sure what ever made me think they were truly my friend.

Recently, they have made a decision in their life. Probably the biggest they will ever make. And the cruel, bitter, "flesh" part of me wants to say, "that's stupid." But I know this person well enough to know that they thought it through, prayed about it, and carefully planned for it and that they would have never made this decision unless they knew that it was a part of God's plan for their life. And you know what? I'm too sensitive and I give too much of myself to people to be a part of a one-sided relationship. So maybe I do know how I feel about letting people go; sometimes it's necessary.

Honestly, this whole post is a rant. But very few people (*cough* one person *cough*) actually read this blog. And that person is my friend, and she knows me, so she'll understand.

No comments: