Monday, February 16, 2009

People say that they hate life all the time. But really we're just scared to change. Or too lazy. Who knows why though. Maybe just because we want to change but we're too used to what we have. Maybe because we don't want to disappoint people. Maybe because we tell ourselves that we would rather get good at what we have than change and get something better. Maybe because we think we're so bad at what we have so theres no guarantee that we'll be good at something new. Maybe we just don't think we deserve something better.

Who knows.

Lately all I've wanted to do is take a break. And when I get one it's never enough. I feel like I'm never on top, I'm always behind and there is always ten things that I should be doing. Life is just hard. And that's okay. It's just...hard.

I hate this feeling in my stomach that won't go away. It's stress maybe? But I don't think that it's necessary. I think I'm handling the busyness in my life all wrong and I want to start handling it right.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah, I think when we say that we hate life, we really don't. For me, I think that I get stressed when I feel like I'm not controlling my life... and that's bad, because I need to trust God to control my life, but I'm not so great at doing it myself.
I don't even know what I'm trying to say here. Except that I think I understand a little bit.

Alise said...

I understand what you're trying to say. But I'm glad you don't know what you were trying to say because that's how I felt when I was writing that blog.