Friday, October 08, 2010

Definition of introvert.

Sometimes I just want to live in a coffee shop. Or Powells.

No, really.

I just want to find a comfy chair somewhere surrounded by a ton of people I don't know. There will be music playing in the background that is slightly more exciting than elevator music, but nothing I would be caught dead playing on my iPod. And I would just read. Or just sit and sip coffee. Or watch all of the interesting people that you will inevitably find in a coffee shop or Powells (in the weirdness of Portland).

Do you think the military would notice if I just hopped on a plane and went to live in a kibbutz? Or some random house in the middle of Australia? Possibly just go backpacking from hostel to hostel in Europe? They have the acronym AWOL for a purpose, I might as well give them a reason to use it, right?

I go to a great school. I love the Army. I love my friends. But I just wanna be alone. Like, alone alone. And I want life to have a little routine for like 10 seconds! My favorite part of the week has become Sunday. I go to church, I go to a Starbucks down the street (nowhere near APU!) and I call my dear grandmother. Every Sunday. And I love it... It's Monday and i can't wait for Sunday to come again. I think I might be the definition of introvert.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I've felt this way more this year than I ever have in my life. Most people can drain me more than I ever realized was possible. I love coffee shops. Now if only I could learn to like coffee . . .